This course is included in the following Course Collections:
8 CoursesApplied Executive Leadership Courses
- Applied Executive Ed: Foundations of Business Strategy
- Applied Executive Ed: Entrepreneurship
- Applied Executive Ed: The Essence of Leadership
- Applied Executive Ed: Building Effective Organizations
- Applied Executive Ed: International Business
- Applied Executive Ed: Innovation
- Applied Executive Ed: An Introduction to Models of Corporate Finance
- Applied Executive Ed: Emerging Topics in Management
We expect students to be able to describe:
- The basic tenets of each academic approach to business strategy
- How each approach can be applied in real-life situations
- Some of the risks and problems associated with the approach.
5 Reviews (13 ratings)Reviews
Good high-level summary of business strategy, though could probably be broken into a few more in-depth courses for value. The mock classroom presentation is suuuuuper weird.
The times on the first several segments were overstated. I also thought the "classroom" of two student was a little hokey. A course outline would have been a good thing to have to follow along. I did get a basic understanding of business strategy.
Great speaker. Hard subject to cover in such a short time period - however he did a good job.
Great course for those looking for learning or reviewing the basics of Business Strategy. Good summary of Business Strategy through the years. I`ve enjoyed the pace in which chapters were presented by Professor Joseph LiPuma and the ability to go back and forward through the content.
No intro as to who you are - never introduced yourself in camera. The Supporting Materials (in all actuality, a book) should have been offered first, read and then have us listen to the lectures, I think there would have been better cognition. Video premise a little hokey and contrived, very informative, nice crisp segments. The Further Reading/Reference Cites is extremely large and I'm sure very complete, thank you.
No Advanced Preparation or Prerequisites are needed for this course.
Education Provider Information
For more information regarding this course, including complaint and cancellation policies, please contact our offices at (408) 400- 3993 ext. 106, or send an e-mail to .