This course is included in the following Course Collections:
- Accounting 101: How To Do Basic Accounting In One Hour
- Learn Finance Principles in 1 Hour
- The Evolution of a Great Spreadsheet Report - How to Effectively Present Numbers in the Business World
- Financial Modeling Using Excel
- Financial Statements Ratio Analysis
- Using Cost Volume Profit Analysis to Drive Innovation and Results
- Estimating the Cost of Capital
- Describe the basic cost/volume/profit equation and why it is essential to decision making in the innovation economy.
- Define the concept of contribution margin, how to calculate contribution margin and how to use contribution margin for rapid decision making.
- Be able to calculate the sales and unit volume to achieve breakeven or to achieve a certain target profit and its impact on decision making.
- Appraise the assumptions and limitations behind CVP Analysis.
- Establish how to determine a product’s margin of safety and what it means for decisions on product launch or termination.
5 Reviews (17 ratings)Reviews
Very good overview of CVP with pretty good math examples.
Good for basic refresher. The order of the lessons is a little odd (Target profit calcs should perhaps come after the break-even), but good examples.
Very useful knowledge and presented well
No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course.
Education Provider Information
For more information regarding this course, including complaint and cancellation policies, please contact our offices at (408) 400- 3993 ext. 106, or send an e-mail to .