This course is included in the following Course Collections:
- ERISA Compliance: A Requirement for Employers of All Sizes
- Preventing Harassment, Abusive Behavior, Bullying, and Discrimination in the Workplace
- Management’s Role in Preventing Harassment, Abusive Behavior, Bullying and Discrimination in the Workplace
- Investigating a Complaint of Inappropriate Behavior in The Workplace
- Overview of SEC Compliance & Reporting for Public Companies
- COSO 2013 Framework Requirements & Implementation Overview
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Overview
- U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: How to Stay Out of Trouble as You Expand Internationally
- Why Unclaimed Property Compliance Is Important To Your Organization - And How to Address It!
- PCI for Corporate Finance Professionals: What You Need to Know About The Standard
- Wage and Hour Law Compliance: It’s More than just Paying the Hours on a Time Card
- Child Support: The Laws, Rules and Regulations for Proper Handling in the Payroll Department
- SSAE 16 SOC 1 Guide for Service Organizations
- 2016 SEC, PCAOB and AICPA Compliance Updates
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Compliance
- How to Develop an Effective FCPA Compliance Program
- How to Develop and Maintain Effective Corporate Disclosure Controls
- When The Whistle Blows Part 1: History, Regulations, and Concepts
- How to Manage Your Financial Reporting, Operating, and Compliance Risks
- Understanding the Requirements for SSAE 16 Service Organization Control (SOC) Reports
- Drivers, Guidelines, and Future of Corporate Sustainability
- Identify relevant corporate disclosure requirements
- Explore the events that are reportable on Form 8-K
- Discover the process of implementing effective disclosure controls
2 Reviews (8 ratings)Reviews
This is a high level review and focuses more on the benefits of strong internal controls rather than tactical moves.
Concise. Good review
No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course.
Education Provider Information
For more information regarding this course, including complaint and cancellation policies, please contact our offices at (408) 400- 3993 ext. 106, or send an e-mail to .