Top 10 Accounting Courses
All with CPE/CPD continuing education credits
Accounting Courses for the Real World
Accounting is incredibly broad. Ask any CPA and they will tell you that they use a very small part of what they learned to become a CPA because small companies don't have complex, far-reaching accounting, and large companies have accounting done by hundreds of professionals, not just one person. Thus, it's critical when delivering accounting education to provide courses for the people living it.
Illumeo's accounting library is full of courses that help you dive in and focus on your area of accounting, with courses built by long-time auditors and corporate accountants. You don't need to boil the ocean, you need to learn actionable, specific insights and methods from those who have been there. We help you do that.
And if you need CPE, we have CPE for CPAs and over 20 other professional certifications. Illumeo has over 1,000 hours of CPE courses, and if you hold multiple certifications, you get all the hours you are due for any course. Thus, if you are a CPA/CIA/CFE and you take a courses that has CPE for all three certifications, you just earned CPE in all three areas. And we make CPE reporting incredibly simple, with unified CPE reporting. You'll love it!
- Basic Revenue Recognition - Introduction and Application of the Four Recognition Criteria [with commentary on eventual ASC 606 conversion]This course covers the four principal revenue recognition criteria and introduces common issues in their application.
- Introduction to Statement of Cash FlowsThis course describes the purpose of the statement of cash flows, the elements that make up the statement, and strategies on preparation.
- Accounting 101: How To Do Basic Accounting In One HourThis course is for aspiring accounting or non-CPA finance professionals who want to improve their understanding of how accounting works.
- Consolidated Corporate Tax Returns: Advantages and DisadvantagesThis course covers the advantages and disadvantages of filing a consolidated corporate tax return.
- Fundamentals of Activity Based CostingThis course explores new methods to implement Activity Based Costing (ABC).
- FASB ASC Section 205-40: Going Concern Uncertainty – An Auditor’s PerspectiveThis course assists financial statement preparers and their external accountants with complying with the new financial reporting rules.
- Topic 606 - Revenue from Contracts with Customers: An Introduction to the New Standard for Revenue RecognitionThis course explains the 5 steps to revenue recognition under the new standard and gain actionable advice to design and execute policy changes.
- Intangible Asset Valuation II - Examples and AppraisalThis course provides an overview of intangible asset accounting and reporting methods by discussing asset types and appraisal methods.
- Statement of Cash FlowsThis course describes the statement of cash flows and presents a technique for preparation by working through examples.
- Understanding VAT (Value Added Tax) Accounting & ControlThis course explains how to avoid headaches with proper registration and control processes when working with VAT.